To select the best industrial concrete floor coatings for your Huntsville or North Alabama facility, the first thing to consider is the criteria to be used in your selection. Nearly all types of flooring requirements can be addressed by various industrial concrete floor coatings systems. Identify the requirements for your specific floors, which can be any of the following:
1. For repair and protection. Many floor coatings options cater to floor maintenance, repairing damaged surfaces, and offer protection from various types of floor abuses, such as chemical spills, abrasive impacts or physical loads, to name a few.
2. For quality performance and durability. Industrial concrete floor coatings contractors can install high-performance floors that last for long periods of time. The thickness of coatings used, plus the type of coating product applied, can vary the strength and durability of installed floor coatings systems.
3. For beautifying drab-looking floors. Industrial concrete floor coatings can transform floors in any areas of the facility -- employee lounge, shop floors, loading bays, among others.
4. For cheaper and practical floor solutions. When you're after a minimum amount of expenditure for your industrial floor project, this is possible with industrial concrete floor coatings that are less expensive but still perform well, fitting your budget and project requirements at the same time.
Concrete Coatings for Floor Repair
When signs of floor damage appear, facility managers should waste no time in replacing the industrial concrete floor coating system. Putting off the work will result to negative consequences such as:
1. Unsafe floorings that may lead to potential accidents for building occupants, due to uneven floors, low-friction or non-skid-resistant surfaces.
2. Dirty-looking floors despite constant cleaning.
3. Unhygienic floors that encourage the growth of harmful bacteria lodging in difficult-to-clean floor cracks.
4. Worsen floor damage as time goes by.
Epoxy-based fillers may be applied to level the holes and remove unevenness in surfaces. For deep cracks, sand or quart-mixed epoxy fillers will have to be used fill the bottom. For hairline cracks, sanding will remove coating unevenness and blend the edges to make banish the crack. In cases of large cracks, repairing the floor foundation is necessary before any coating system can be installed.
Concrete Coatings for Floor Make-Over
Industrial concrete floor coatings transform facility floors back to their original look. You can choose from any of the following, based on your unique requirements:
1. Glossy coatings. Clear epoxy gloss is standard choice for floor beautifications. The colorless formulation can hide tiny floor imperfections.
2. Satin coats. Shark-grips mixed in industrial concrete floor coating lend a rough texture to the floor, leaving the top coat with a satin sheen that hides minor damages, and makes for easy-to-clean and skid-resistant surfaces.
3. Colored chips. Multi-hued chips applied on still-wet top coats can enhance the look of floors. The chips are broadcasted in measured amounts and certain distances from each batch, or applied using a pail with holes in the bottom, to achieve the right chip density and appearance on the surface.
The choice of the most appropriate coating product has to be a careful balance of monetary considerations and practical or functional requirements.
When cost is the biggest factor in coatings selection, facility managers must remember to insist on quality and good performance. Cost-savings that sacrifice quality is useless, due to further repairs and rework needed in the future.
Steve A. Parker, Sr. Estimator, RaiderPainting.com - the preferred painting company for building owners and facility managers of commercial and industrial properties nationwide. Call 877-724.3371 for a no obligation Epoxy Coatings Estimate.Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Steve_A._Parker/273099Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4678755