3/12/2020 0 Comments
In the state of Alabama, epoxy floor coating should certainly be considered while constructing your home or renovating the flooring. It provides a seamless environment and there is no chance of any contaminants such as bacteria to multiply. It's ideal for restaurants, food processing areas, industrial settings and of course your homes. Homeowners can select a water-based coating as it less toxic but not so durable.
Shine Your Concrete Floors
Whether you want to polish your home or office floors, concrete polishing can be done effectively and without spending much money. The procedure can only be carried out by professionals as large machinery is used to do the work. Firstly, the surface is cleaned well and freed of any stains, sealers, paints or chemicals. Ensure that all fissures, pit marks, and spalls are repaired. Then, the workers apply a substance that makes concrete dense; this will make it strong and safeguard it from moisture or water that may arise from inside. A large machine with diamond infused disks is used to grind the floor until there is a smooth and excellent gloss that is achieved. Finally, a polishing solution is applied to attain the extra sheen. Polished concrete is beneficial too; it can radiate as well as store solar energy. Maintenance is easy and harmful allergens will not thrive on this surface. Above all, it is a cheap flooring alternative.
Why Industrial Floors Need Coatings
Industrial coatings are used in manufacturing facilities and warehouses to protect its surfaces and save money by avoiding a big renovation. Besides the aesthetic reason that coatings provide, floors become sturdy and can withstand the flow of traffic and heavy machinery that is dragged in and out daily. Plain concrete can create stains and being porous the marks will remain. It also tends to chip and cause patches. These issues can be eliminated with the use of a durable covering. Business centers should be impressive and should have a welcoming appearance. Good-textured surfaces can transform the ambience of a room. Therefore, it is vital to have a pleasing floor covering whether it is a factory or your workplace.
Select the Right Industrial Floor Covering
Currently, business owners have a good choice of industrial coatings to select from; there are ceramic, epoxy and polyurethane-based coverings for commercial surfaces. Epoxy finishes are popular and are available in a variety of colors. It is a thermosetting polymer that is made up of Epoxied resin and Poly amide. It is waterproof, resistant to chemicals, heat, rust, oil and other fluids. Polyurethane is slightly harder and also more durable; although similar to epoxy, it is known to split when subjected to extreme heat. Nowadays, green polyurethane is more popular because it is non-toxic. It is very strong and permeable too. Whichever coating is selected, the important point is that it should be safe for your workers and customers. Therefore, good quality should be the significant criteria for selecting a coating.
Author is an experienced person committed to provide high standard services and awareness about Industrial Coatings and Concrete polishing We are the best leading company to deliver top most services and provides full satisfaction to our clients.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Brooklyn_Mathew/1483153
Check out these blogs for more info:
By Lifetime Epoxy Guest Author: Steve A. Parker
There is a abundance of industrial facilities located in the Huntsville, Alabama Metro Area. Keeping those facility industrial floors in top condition is critical to business operations. Downtimes for replacement and repair are costly to business. Floor damages lessen the appeal of industrial spaces, making them a poor work environment for employees.
Facility managers rely on industrial epoxy floor coating applications to maintain good floor conditions. Here are a few simple but effective tips in implementing industrial epoxy floor coating application projects:
1. Choose quality over cost. Quality products may cost more, but they guarantee good performance.
2. Surface preparation is critical. Repair any damages, clean and degrease the surfaces carefully. Improper preparation can cause the rest of the application process and the finished floors to fail.
3. Call on the professionals. Experts have the skills, experience and resources to deliver quick and error-free applications.
Why Epoxy Coatings?
Industrial epoxy floor coating products stand above the rest in delivering the highest quality and best performance in industrial floor applications. They are highly-resistant to oil, chemicals, water, and physical impact from mechanical loads and pedestrian traffic. These elements assault industrial floors frequently in the course of daily operations.
Industrial epoxy floor coating products are also good materials for floor beautification. There are many epoxy products with a wide range of color choices to choose from. Epoxy works well as concrete finishes, or top coats that enhance the look of industrial floor finishes.
Industrial Epoxy Floor Coating Application Problems
There are cases when industrial epoxy floor coating applications encounter challenges that threaten the process of bringing back the beauty and good condition of industrial floors. Here are some of them:
1. Formation of air bubbles and pinholes. Thick epoxy coats can form round bubbles from trapped air. This can come from either an improper mixing speed, or from cement out-gassing, or the improper use of foam rollers during application.
2. Uneven coloration. Unsightly differences in coating color come from mixing small batches of industrial epoxy floor coating products, or working in sun-exposed environments.
3. Fisheyes. Fisheyes are tiny craters erupting in the coated surface, and are due to the presence of grease and dust particles coming in contact with the coatings.
Causes of Adhesion Failure
The main reason for a total coatings failure is often an underlying adhesion failure. Below are the reasons why good adhesion is not achieved:
1. Ultra-violet radiations. Exposure to the sun's rays can break down the adhesive properties of epoxy coatings, turning it brittle and prone to cracking.
2. High humidity. Industrial epoxy floor coating products change their properties when exposed to humid surroundings. Product preparation, mixing and application are compromised.
3. Moisture. Damp surfaces, particularly concrete, are vulnerable to adhesion failure. When flowing water is present during application, it erodes the adhesive bond between surface and coating.
4. Foreign contaminants. Dust, dirt, grease and oil lessen surface adhesion. Oils, in particular, causes hollows and voids within the coating, causing failure in the course of time.
Industrial epoxy floor coating products are often the top choice for floor maintenance and repair. They are tough, enduring, and comes in many colors. With good surface preparation, industrial epoxy floor coating applications have a high chance of success. Success offers the benefits of industrial floors that are long-lasting, stylish and practical at the same time.
Steve Parker, Sr. Estimator. RaiderPainting.com is the leading painting company providing commercial and industrial painting services to over 1,000 Fortune 500 customers and small businesses nationwide. Call 877-724-3371 for a no obligation Epoxy Coatings and Deck Coatings Estimate.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Steve_A._Parker/273099
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4867035
Mailing Address: Lifetime Epoxy Floors, PO Boaz 848 Boaz AL. 35957
Toll Free: 1-800-214-4311 Email: LifetimeEpoxy(at)USA.com
Contacts: Trey Dixon - General Manager Cell - 1-256-558-7006
Nick Dixon - Owner - 1-256-683-1955
Lifetime Epoxy Established 2011 - A division of Garage Shapeups. LLC. located at 200 Elizabeth Street, Boaz, AL 35957